SCI Dorchester aspires to complement the efforts of existing community organizations by bringing Dorchester to the forefront of collaborative thinking, community-building practices, and service learning opportunities in the city of Boston. With your help, we will address the neighborhood and organizational divide by providing an infrastructure for community-based organizations, human services agencies, faith-based institutions, and local businesses to build social capital and increase civic engagement.
Some ways to get involved with SCI Dorchester:
- Check out the Volunteer Page on mydorchester.org for current volunteer opportunities, for a form to sign up as a volunteer, and a form where organizations can request volunteer help.
- Contact the SCI Dorchester office at 617-822-8269 or by email to speak to our Volunteer Coordinator about volunteer opportunities and events in your area.
- Learn about the Dorchester Youth Council: if you are between the ages of 12 and 18, apply to be on the Dorchester Youth Council.
- Introduce SCI Dorchester to potential partnerships, resources and/or other opportunities. We are always looking for new ways to introduce people to existing resources in their community.
- Join the SCI Dorchester weekly email list to learn about upcoming events, volunteer opportunities, and fun facts about your neighborhood.
If you would like to get involved in any of these ways, email us, call the SCI Dorchester office at 617-822-8297, or drop by the SCIDorchester offices at 450 Washington Street (at the corner of Park Street). We look forward to hearing from you!