Teen Mentor with Girls' LEAP | Applications Due September 8th!
Girls' LEAP is hiring Teen Mentors ('TM') to work with us this school year! These $8.00/hour, 2-8 hours per week positions combine being an assistant teacher in self-defense programs, attending TM meetings, and doing outreach events for Girls' LEAP.
What's Girls' LEAP?
Girls' LEAP (Lifetime Empowerment & Awareness Program) is a safety and self-defense skills program which combines both Physical Self-Defense Skills and Reflective Skills. We teach girls, ages 8-18, in the Greater Boston area, by partnering with local organizations and agencies. Girls' LEAP programs are taught by teams of adult women, college-aged women and teen-aged girls.
Requirements & Expectations
- Attend Training on 9/12, 9/13, and 9/14
- Make a full school year commitment from September-May
- Attend weekly meetings held Tuesdays from 4-6pm at the Girls' LEAP office
- Attend all-staff meetings (monthly)
- Teach in at least 2 Girls' LEAP Self-Defense programs per year
- Participate in Girls' LEAP outreach events
- Attend TMP graduation in May (exact date TBD)
Girls ages 14-18. You must be in or entering high school in order to be eligible. We especially encourage those of you interested in empowerment, leadership, or self-defense to apply!
- You will hear from us by Thursday, September 11th.
- Training slots will be filled with qualified candidates on a rolling-admissions basis.