Playworks volunteers | 2017
Playworks seek volunteers from the age 50+Generation to work with children ages 5-12 as an Assistant Recess Coach in our Dorchester/Roxbury partner schools.
Volunteers must be able to:
- Commit to mid-day school recess
- Commit to volunteering at least once a week
- Commit to volunteering for the bulk of the school year
By becoming a Playworks volunteer, you will become:
- A vital member of a school’s recess team by assisting with recess games
- Act as an informal role model or “grandparent figure” to children ages 5-12
- Part of a national movement where adults across the country are using recess as a way to make a positive impact on the lives of children and promote healthy relationships
As a Playworks volunteer team member you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn and work with a group of other volunteers from the 50+generation.
- Gain experience and knowledge through personalized trainings.
- Create close and personal bonds with school aged children and teachers alike.
- Move and be active throughout the day.
- Become part of the larger Playworks Family.
- Make a positive impact at schools and in the lives of children.
Ann at Playworks 617-708-1734
Website: Playworks.org/volunteer (click on programs)